For Information about Volunteering:
Contact: Melanie LaPointe, CES Volunteer Coordinator
Phone: 612-870-1125, extension 128
If you have questions about specific areas:
For Afternoon Interviewers/Advocates, Food Shelf:
Phone: 612-870-1125, extension 111
For Home Delivery:
Phone: 612-870-1125, extension 115
For Meals on Wheels:
Phone: 612-870-6121 or 612-870-1125, extension 106
For Mail Crew, Office & Clerical help:
Phone: 612-870-1125, extension 101
Fundraising, Marketing or Events (Volunteer or Internship):
Phone: 612-870-1125, extension 105
A strong and enthusiastic corps of more than 7000 volunteers amplifies the accomplishments of CES’s small staff. Volunteers lie at the core our mission. Every program CES operates incorporates volunteers.
We have a variety of opportunities to fit your schedule and time commitment. If you are an individual interested in supporting our mission, please complete a Volunteer Application Form.
If you have a group who would like to provide assistance please complete the Group Volunteer Application Form.
Volunteers are needed each week for these tasks. Click on a section below to read more detailed descriptions of these volunteer tasks.
Alison met with Jim Cardle, a long-time CES advocate. Alison was rejoicing because of the community of CES and the prayers and food she received at CES. She was thrilled with the help of the food shelf and service from people like Jim who had been there for her as she was been on the road to recovery, staying free from addiction for the last 18 months.
After Alison shared about her victories, she asked that these words of hope be shared with others, “Tell everyone that because Jesus is there for us, we can have success. Don’t give up. And, thank you CES for supplying my need for food and for being there for me, encouraging me on my road to recovery.”
Volunteers deliver most of the meals right to the doors of homebound seniors and the handicapped. The mission of Meals On Wheels is to provide nutritious, low-cost meals and daily personal visits, giving opportunities for relationships to develop.
- Come between 11:00am - 11:30am to pick up packed meals and a delivery sheet.
- Most routes take one hour or less.
- Deliver with a smile. Often volunteers are the only face-to-face contact the client has throughout the day.
- Be aware of the client's environment and appearance. At times you may be the first to notice any warning signs of illness or danger.
- Share the work with another volunteer.
- Two volunteers per route means one can drive and the other can navigate.
- Needed: Standby Drivers to be a substitute driver.
- People with special skills are needed to take charge of greeting cards or come up with new ways to brighten the days of our clients.
Let us work together. We will be waiting to hear from you at 612-870-1125 x128.