Volunteers deliver most of the meals right to the doors of homebound seniors and the handicapped. The mission of Meals On Wheels is to provide nutritious, low-cost meals and daily personal visits, giving opportunities for relationships to develop.
- Come between 11:00am - 11:30am to pick up packed meals and a delivery sheet.
- Most routes take one hour or less.
- Deliver with a smile. Often volunteers are the only face-to-face contact the client has throughout the day.
- Be aware of the client's environment and appearance. At times you may be the first to notice any warning signs of illness or danger.
- Share the work with another volunteer.
- Two volunteers per route means one can drive and the other can navigate.
- Needed: Standby Drivers to be a substitute driver.
- People with special skills are needed to take charge of greeting cards or come up with new ways to brighten the days of our clients.
Let us work together. We will be waiting to hear from you at 612-870-1125 x128.